Oakbank Cottage Accommodation: Self Catering for 6 people.
- Ground floor
- Well equipped dining kitchen with wood burning stove
- Comfortable sitting room with multi fuel stove
- Utility room
- Three bedrooms; 2 twins and a double
The spacious dining kitchen has spectacular views to the east, south and west room the dining kitchen. There is a breakfast bar where a leisurely breakfast looking out over the river towards Beinn Bhuidhe (949m) can be enjoyed. There is an electric cooker with double oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and electric kettle. There is a wall mounted flat screen TV with Freeview and a telephone. Internet access is available by arrangement at no extra cost. There is a wood burning stove and background electric heater. Furnishings include a dining table to seat 8 and a leather sofa.
The cosy sitting room has windows to the west and north. It is furnished with comfortable British made sofas complimented by antique pieces and a piano. There is a flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD. A multi fuel stove and an electric storage heater heat the room. Various board games are available.
Boots and waterproofs may be stored here. There is a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board and small freezer.
The small traditional bathroom has a good sized cast iron bath, toilet and wash hand basin. There is an electric towel rail and small storage heater.
Twin bedroom with views to east and south.
There are 2 comfortable beds with electric blankets, a wardrobe and antique chest of drawers for storage.
Twin bedded room with east facing window.
This room has 2 comfortable beds with electric blankets, a wardrobe and antique traditional Scottish desk with drawers for storage of items of clothing.
The double bedroom has a wooden double bed with electric blanket, wardrobe with hanging space and shelves. The window faces east and has a charming view of the garden.
There is a small anti room leading to the shower room with storage.
The shower room has, walk-in shower, washhand basin and wc with integral cabinet. There is a small window looking to the north.
- Electric storage heaters
- Multi fuel stove
- Wood burning stove
- Linen and towels are provided
- WiFi available
- Additional electric heaters
- Electric towel rails in the bathrooms
- A small supply of Anthracite is available for the multi fuel stove and wood for the living room stove
- Additional bed suitable for a child available on request
- Cot is available on request, please bring your own bedding
- Garden furniture
- Barbecue available on request
The cottage has a large garden sloping down to a small river at the bottom known as the Kilchrenan Burn. Another small stream runs to the south of the cottage near the kitchen door. Please feel free to use the garden but beware especially in the lower part that is wild and close to the river. The garden is unfenced to the burn and children should be supervised at all times. There is a small green house where bikes can be securely locked to a bike rack fixed to the floor with your own bike lock. The garden and grounds may be used by guests at their own risk.
The cottage and gardens are non smoking
Electricity is included in the price
Starter packs of wood and smokeless fuel are provided
All bedlinen, bath and hand towels, kitchen towel and tea towels are provided and included in the cost.
Small to medium sized dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
There is an additional charge of £30 per dog per week, maximum of two dogs.
Oakbank- Sustainability and Quality
At Oakbank we aim to minimize our impact on the local and wider
complying with relevant legislation and regulations. We are regularly look for new ways to
reduce our impact on the environment.
Our welcome pack contains local and Fairtrade products where
We encourage wildlife by feeding the birds, avoiding chemicals in the garden and keeping
wild areas for wildlife.
We have an established 'reduce, reuse and recycle' policy including;
- Waste wood from garden used in kitchen stove
- Use of refilled detergent/soap dispensers.
- Paper products primarily from recycled waste
- Rubbish sorted on site and recycled as far as possible:
- Tin-foil & bottle-tops,
- Aluminum/steel cans
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- Suitable organic food and waste composted on site
- Glass removed and recycled in town.
We encourage our guests to use their cars less
- Public transport information in full and updated
- Cycle friendly with lockable discreet storage
- Comprehensive info regarding cycle routes and tracks.
- Promotion of walking opportunities in the area.
We aim to protect the environment by
Using only non-biological, eco-friendly cleaning products throughout
the house and for
- Using a minimum of electronic equipment, ie clothes dryer and vacuum, when cleaning
- Switching off appliances when not in use
- Replacing light bulbs with low energy/LED where possible
- Double glazing and draught proofing our windows and doors, where we are able
- Providing background heating with top-up portable heaters for additional comfort
We look beyond our local area
- Both our toilets in are "twinned" with a latrine in Bangladesh and
Botswana (via Toilet
Twinning from Cord and Tearfund)